Friday, October 30, 2009

My hand on hers. Sitting quietly. So many things unsaid.
I look into her yes. What do I see? Could it really be dead?

She looks away. Yes, the other is calling her again. To go.
I try and hold her. But have no control. Could it be so?

She gets up and says it will only be a while. Maybe Ten.
The hours pass. No ten, no twenty. What should I do then?

Sparks go out. Snuffed out in time. There is darkness inside.
I walk down the street. Alone. Feeling numb inside.



The Broken heart

How can a person know what it is like to have a broken heart if they have not had one?

Looking across the room I saw her sitting there with him. How had it come to this? I wasn't quite sure. But here I was watching them.

Sadness. How long would it take to heal? Could I ever truly heal?

He says something to her and she laughs. Little looks at each other. His hand on hers.

Music playing softly. I remember dancing. Eyes wet when I think about what is lost.

Why do I do this to myself? I get up and walk out the front door knowing I will simply come back again and again. Such is love. Putting oneself thru hell because one loves someone so much.




No comments:

Post a Comment